Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Black One..


The Black One refers to my newly purchased Spanish Guitar with F-curve holes.. wait..did i just write this in small uninteresting letters?? Well, i must be stupid then!
Because now me..yeah me.. is the co- owner (unfortunately it is also co-owned by my brother) of this gifted musical instrument! :D
Back in school my best friend and I had this dream...oops, these dreams... that we had promised each other we would make them come true before we die... kinda like the bucket-list.. It included stuff like flying a plane, bungee jumping, going for a road trip, owning an island, smacking someone hard on the face esp when that person is an excruciating- pain- in -the- neck,playing in a band.. well these are not exactly "dreams" dreams... but we had promised each other we would make these little things happen!
But then distance separated us... kilometers came in between..and we were no longer conjoined.
Why do i always wander away from the topic? Anyway, due to intense boredom and a real REAL enthusiasm to learn a guitar (and the fact that my bro's guitar lessons..his emotional atyachar..) let me to buy this awesome piece... and it has caused sort of a verbal fight between me and my best friend (even though she is in the rasgulla land). yeah,i had told her we would be learning guitar together, but we were kids that time.. we dint mean it.. :P
And now here i am all set to learn guitar from my kid brother... who has given me initial exercise of "up down" and finger exercise on the frets..and it has made me realize..IT'S NOT THAT EASY AS IT LOOKS... i had just seen people with curly open hair,tongues out, moving their fingers in rapid action and it had led me to thinking... hey, those long- hair-tongue-out guys can do it..it must be a piece of cake... BUT NO!... i have suddenly realized how disproportionate my fingers are! they are short, stubby, not at all flexible...and running my fingers on the strings gives roughness and scratches... ugh! and while practicing i do take out my tongue in concentration and look super uncool! (now i know the reason behind the tongues out! :P )
And whenever i think of giving up... the Black One leans on the the wall and winks at me... and i start all over again! many people (guys) say guitar is their best friend (esp after a gal has ditched them) and my brother is following their lead... hmm. But right now all i m focusing on "happy birthday 2 u", "old mac Donald had a farm" and "dhoom machale" and my long term goals are "summer of 69" and some other songs..i hope i will be able to play soon...

I am planning to give a name to the Black One... something respectable like "Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington" or something ultra-Marathi like "wamanrao" or something common like "Bob"...
I guess Black One will be fine for now...

P.S. : i love my first 6-string :) tongue out! :P and rock sign! \m/

4 comments:

Sid said...

Eh! Awesome post rey!
n yeah, those curly hair tongue dwindling guys really knw hw to play! :)
i hope to grow such idiot lookin hair myself! :P haha...
mast post!

Unknown said...

Great post and that's one awesome looking guitar. Don't leave The Black One. He'll be worth the roughness and scratches..

Sh@s said...

Bob sounds cool or u can call it 'black bob'.

Ankita B. said...

@sid: Thanx dude..hope to see gals screaming and fainting for you very soon!

@leon: Thanx briton!it's tough but! wonder how u guys do it!

@shas: yea..black bob..naice! :)